Saturday, May 8, 2010

Iphone photos

Hurrying to a meeting in Marblehead, Massachusetts yesterday, I ran into this scene:

I pulled out my Iphone to capture the beautiful color, prepared to be disappointed with the results...

I was.

I DID capture the reflection of the historic King Hooper mansion in the window, which I didn't notice at the time, but it is appropos because I was on my way to a meeting with the historical society. I didn't capture the beautiful color or the deep rich textures before me.

I've had my phone for nearly a year now and have put the photo feature to great use for capturing family moments. It has freed up space in my purse that was once taken up by a much larger camera and is fine for snapshots. I do miss knowing I have a reliable camera on hand at a moment's notice in any situation, but haven't given much thought to rectifying that. After missing a golden opportunity to capture something wonderful on the sidewalk in a more intriguing way, I found a web site that may help me in the future.

http://meish.org/2009/03/04/how-to-squeeze-decent-photos-out-of-an-iphone/

Let me know if you have some decent Iphone photos. I'd love to see them. Maybe we can get a little competition going!

No comments: