Friday, June 20, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by Daphne's Dandelions, located in the Commonwealth just to the south of me -- Massachusetts. The rules are as follows:

  • Link to the person who tagged you.
  • Post the rules on the blog.
  • Write six random things about yourself.
  • Tag six people at the end of your post.
  • Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
  • Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So, here are my random things:

1. My favorite movie is My Fair Lady and I adore Audrey Hepburn. I love the colors, costumes, music and dancing in the musical. I love the Audrey Hepburn look. I love her accent. I love her acting. I love how she seemed to be such a good person. I also love Cary Grant, but I think that is solely because of his looks. All in all, I prefer the stars from the "olden days." I also adore Grace Kelly and Fred Astaire. One of my extremely close friends can pull off the Audrey Hepburn clothes and I am jealous of her for that. My body type runs more along the lines of Marilyn Monroe in her famous white dress...not that that is a bad thing. But I do so love the Audrey Hepburn wardrobe.

2. I love Baroque music and my favorite song is Pachelbel's "Canon in D." I have a CD that is solely Canon in D played over and over again in different styles. The ring tone on my last phone was Canon in D, but I was unable to get the same ring tone for my new phone. I am terribly disappointed.

3. I am addicted to books. I own more than I can read and buy more whenever I can. I go to the library at least once a week and to the bookstore at least once a week. I have also helped my daughter develop a book addiction. We can spend hours together in a bookstore. When having conversations about any variety of subjects, I often find myself saying "Wait! I have a book about that!" Last holiday season I found myself at the lone book table in the midst of a craft fair. I had attended the event with my friend Regina. After admiring the handmade wares, she came to find me. I heard her behind me saying, "Melissa! Step away from the books!"

4. One of my earliest childhood memories is of my nursery school graduation. (This hit me last week after attending my daughter's nursery school graduation.) I remember wearing a fairy crown, standing on a stage in the woods singing little bunny foo foo, and crying for my mom when I saw a clown. I also remember my first "boyfriend" whom I met in nursery school. We then went on to attend different public elementary schools, until about 4th grade when he transferred to mine. I remember excitedly going up to him and saying "Hi Scott! Do you remember me from nursery school?" He looked at me like I had three heads.

5. During college, the dorm where I resided for four years was known as "the party dorm of New England." This is especially funny because my freshman year I was given the "most likely to be sober" award by my RA. If the award were given my other three years, I probably would have won three more years in a row. At my 21st birthday party, I went out to dinner with my friends. For some reason, none of them felt like drinking that night and none would give me advice about what to drink. So, I ended up ordering a Midori because I remembered my mom drinking that when I was a kid. My favorite drinks now are gin and tonic or anything with rum in it.

6. I adore Snoopy. Snoopy and Audrey Hepburn are in fact tied for my favorite superstars. But Snoopy wins hands down for coolness. He's kind, loyal, clever, witty, and cute. He gives me the warm fuzzies. In the 90s, my husband and I attended an exhibit that honored Charles Schultz at the Norman Rockwell Museum. It was one of the best things I've ever done.

Here are the six I tag:
Buddha Mom at Mother Earth
Lisa at Dream Big, Live Large, My Artful Life
Kate from My Garden I Dream
Linda from A Visible Voice
Victoria at Victoria's Backyard
Matt and Jen at Our First Garden

2 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

I'm such a book lover too. I love all kinds of books. I tend to only read scifi books because my husband gets them and they are just sitting there begging to be read. He reads more than I do, mostly because I read very very very sssslllloooowwwlllyyy. Recently we got Kindles (electronic book reader). I love it so much, that now I'm in trouble. I don't like reading from real books anymore.So sad.

Victoria Summerley said...

Hi, Melissa, I've now posted my response to your tag.