Thursday, June 26, 2008

Think Positively!

I've known from the start that I may have bitten off more than I can chew...

I love to paint. I've painted just about every room inside my house. I decided to paint the outside of my house. For now, I'm painting the parts I can reach. I'm afraid of heights. What happens when I finish the low bits and need to get to the high? Meanwhile, the yellow fits in much better with my gardens than that dreary blue gray. Even if I can only paint the lower part, it will be a perfect backdrop for the lustrife in the opposite garden.

Today I got one of my favorite plants for free...

It doesn't matter that I had to spend $500 to accumulate the points for my $25 of free merchandise.

I may have killed another of my favorite plants today...

The globe thistle was so small that I didn't realize what it was when I plunked down the shovel to make room for the new mango potentilla. There were so many little plants that I was able to split them up so they will take up more space in my garden. I've also moved them to a much better spot to highlight their unique beauty. I think they will be gorgeous when they do get big (assuming that they survive their trauma.)

An animal has been getting into my garbage every night...

He is either visiting between the time my husband leaves in the morning and the time I leave in the morning. OR, my husband ignores the mess as he leaves for work. How can there be a positive light to this? I am pretending it is the latter...and therefore my husband owes me. I think that I'll go out and get more plants in exchange for my clean up duty. (My best friend taught me to think that way...Gee. I hope that Kevin doesn't read this! I guess that I hope my friend's husband doesn't read this either, but he probably knows already. I'm new to this positive way of thinking!)

No comments: