Thursday, July 3, 2008

Arte y Pico Award


I've been awarded the Arte y Pico Award by Mrs Be from Carrots and Kids. I am very honored and grateful to her. Thanks very much for considering me worthy! Thank you also for giving me something to write about today. (I just woke up from a late nap and am not sure my brain is prepared to tackle the movie review I planned.) I love keeping up my blog for the sheer joy of writing. It makes it all the more worthwhile to know that others are actually reading what I write. The icing on the cake is knowing that someone, besides my mom, actually enjoys the posts.

Here's the history of the award that was passed on to me:

The origin of the Arte y Pico Award: "This prize has arisen from the daily visits that I dedicate to many blogs which nourish me and enrich me with creativity. In them I see dedication, creativity, care, comradeship, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers that entertain me day to day and to share this prize with those who enrich me every day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few. The people I will name today deserve this prize, as do the very long serious list of bloggers I also enjoy to read. But I will name the first 5 and leave the rest of the work to all the bloggers that visit other's blogs and are nourished by them."

As a librarian, I couldn't leave it at that. I learned from Clarkspicks.com that the award was created by Eseya in Paraguay. Since my foreign language skills are a bit rusty, since the link Clark provides is to a site that is actually called "Arte y pico," and since I'm still groggy from that nap, I'm going to take his word for it rather than doing more research to confirm the origins. A better librarian would use babelfish to translate the Arte y pico page or would spend more than two minutes surfing the web to find more references to the award.

Here's the 5 rules bit for this award:

1. Choose 5 blogs you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogging community, regardless of the language.

2. Each award should have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented him/her with the award.

4. The award winner and the one who has given the award should show the Arte y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. Translated, it means "the peak of art."

5. Show these rules.

I present my first award to Carol of May Dreams Gardens, whom I can't imagine hasn't already received this award numerous times in the past. Her breadth of gardening knowledge, her wit, creativity, and contributions to the garden blogging community have won me over as a huge fan. She has created the perfect gardening blog in my mind. I also present this award to Stuart of Gardening Tips 'n' Ideas. I enjoy his relaxed writing style and subjects. He continually challenges his readers with interesting perspectives and questions. His contribution of Blotanical to the garden blogging community is particularly noteworthy. My third award is for Melanie of Old Country Gardens. I continually learn from her blog. It is a fabulous documentation of a private garden. From her postings, I get a real sense of the work she puts into her landscape, its beauty, and the love she has for her hobby...

I am finding this incredibly difficult. I think that I'll reserve my other two awards for another date. I think the three people I've sited above have set a bar that I one day aspire to achieve. Their blog work stands out in my mind.


2 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Melissa, Thank you! I'm not very good at accepting these awards in the proper fashion, but I do appreciate when I am honored with one. Your kind words made my day!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you are a legend. Thank you so much for offering me this award and I'm honoured by your beautiful remarks.

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here and notice your precious gift. Thanks again.