Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Top Ten Reasons Why I Buy a New Plant

10. The Garden Center e-mails the new products for the month
9. I am having a good day and want to reward myself
8. I am having a bad day and want to cheer myself
7. I learn about a plant that is new to me and NEED to add it to my collection
6. I find an empty spot in the garden
5. A certain plant begins to bloom in the garden (rose, hydrangea, etc.) and I realize that the arrangement of the ones I already have is out of balance - I need to buy another for symmetry
4. I come into some money
3. A friend suggests we take a trip to the garden center because she needs new plants (Well, I can't accompany someone to the garden center without buying something myself!)
2. I see a rose bush in a color that I don't have
1. It's Wednesday and I need something to help me get through "hump" day

1 comment:

Daphne Gould said...

I thought after entries 8 and 9 you would have one that was: I'm having an average day and needs to do something memorable.